Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday to our nation and my dad.  Today was a fun, but difficult day.  I miss my dad terribly.  It has been two months, yesterday.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.  However,  holidays/birthdays are worse than the other days.  I watched the movie that my Uncle J had made for the funeral just to see him today.  I went downstairs at my parents house and smelled my dad's shirts.  It is amazing how much the sense of smell can recall memories.  I wanted to watch my wedding video to hear his voice, but our VCR is packed up.  I miss his hugs.  I can just imagine putting my arms around him for a nice hug.  I miss you Dad.  Sometimes I wish Eternity was now so we can be with the ones we love all the time and not have to wait.  I am impatient to see him, hug him, smell him and talk to him again.



My Immortal - Evanescence (one of my Dad's favorite bands)

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it holds
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have 
All of me 

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears 
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears 
And I held you hand through all of these years 
But you still have 
All of me


As I watched the video of all the pictures of my dad, I think of all the good memories and times that we had.  I see the things that he loved and wish that the time here could have been longer.  Is there ever enough time?  No.  I think that is why our loving Heavenly Father gave us Eternity.



Today we continued to work on getting the house ready to sell.  I wished we would have taken before and after pictures to show the transformation, but it does look really good.  I hope it sells quickly.

When C&R arrived, they played with the boys and the dogs in the back yard in the new swimming/wadding pool.  They had a blast.  The best part, that I saw and wish I could have retrieved my video camera in time, was when Buddy was chasing Aunt C around with the hose trying to get her wet and when the hose wouldn't reach far enough (Buddy not realizing this) he would get yanked back by the hose and fall on his bum.

Afterwards, we went and visited Dad and dropped off balloons for his birthday and his present from C, a new Defender 110 toy.  We also sang Happy Birthday, and both boys gave Grandpa birthday kisses.

We celebrated my dad's birthday the way we always do.  We had a BBQ (hot dogs, but no Heid's, forgot to order them in time,) at my parents house and then watched the Thanksgiving Point fireworks afterwards.

Happy Birthday, Dad!  I hope you and Grandma enjoyed the fireworks from your new seat.  I love you!  ;)


No comments: